Brocade 57-100012-01 8Gb module at 10Gb.

Some SFP+ modules are software locked. In this case the following modules are ATMEL MEGA based.

Disclaimer: I am in no way, shape, or form responsible for your actions. If you burn down your house or hurt yourself don’t blame me. But anyway, happy modding.

What do you need?

    • Brocade 57-1000012-01 8Gb module
    • A device that can flash modules and allows the power to the module to be disconnected (check out my other posts on how to flash this type of module).

Step by Step:

  • 1. Flash the module with EEPROM from a 10Gbps module

In my case I used the BLADE BS-CKM-SP-SR data. Use data from a similar but faster module. 

  • 2. Test the module

I used another BLADE BS-CKM-SP-SR as the second link. Without any issues or dropped packets a 10Gbps link was created.

  • 3. Real world testing

I still have to do more dedicated tests to see how stable this is.
I’ll update this post when I get the testing done.
After testing the modules for 3 days, constant load via iperf3, I’m happy to report 0 dropped packets and the same speeds as achieved by my Intel 10Gbps modules.

That’s It, You’re Done!

If you are looking for SFP dumps make sure to check out my Github.